Recon by Fire

Will we be able to order our units to engage a treeline or building that we suspect is holding enemy troops. I imagine most infantry type units don't carry enough ammo to do this, but vehicle mounted weapons should carry enough to do it quite often. I believe it was even SOP for tank units especially if they didn't have infantry close by.

Guest Big Time Software

Sure you can do this. Every unit has the ability to do "Area Fire" on any area of the map that they can see (within range of course). All you do is Target the piece of terrain instead of an enemy unit. Firepower is reduced to account for blind aiming and scattered shooting (spraying for small arms fire). And you are right, infantry units must be very careful about doing this or they will soon be out of ammo.

If an enemy unit is in the targeted area you may cause casualties. Unfortunately, you won't know this most times. In fact, unless the enemy unit either moves or fires back, you might not even know if there is indeed something there. I've got a few nasty surprises that way wink.gif

Steve

Thanks for the reply. Recon by fire isn't the most effective way to kill enemy troops but if it causes one green squad to cut and run or reveal themselves by firing back too early then it's worth the ammo.

------------------

If something cannot be fixed by hitting it or by swearing at it, it wasn't worth saving anyway.