Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

TCP/IP WEGO and the vehicle pack

Has anyone had any success playing WEGO games with the new 3.10 vehicle pack? I have a group of 4 friends who have been playing fairly often recently, and we all bought the pack this morning, and since then we have had no success playing a game for more than a couple of turns. The game rapidly becomes out of sync, the clock freezes for the host player, and the 2nd player's clock gets stuck counting down.

We've tried multiple permutations of players, the error always occurs. No single player seems to be the cause.

Any ideas?

We noticed that individual experience varied. I couldn't play more than 10 minutes on some builds without a desync that other testers could play whole games on.

I'm surprised that 3.10 is different that 3.00. I'm not aware of any changes made between the versions.

How stable is Red Thunder 1.01 for your group?

Now that I look back at the timeline, it's is possible that some of the early fix attempts to Red Thunder TCP/IP were included in the Vehicle Pack. Only Phil would know for sure, but that's my guess as to what changed.

So CMBN 3.10 doesn't include the same fixes that Red Thunder 1.01 has? I assume this means a patch is forthcoming.

The vehicle pack was released before the Red Thunder patch and since TCP/IP was the last thing fixed in the RT patch I don't think those fixes could be in the pack.

IIRC BFC has said there will be a patch forthcoming, if for no other reason than to bring everyone with the 3.0 upgrade to the same version since right now people with the Pack can't play with people without the pack. It will include fixes for some Pack issues and I presume will bring the CMBN TCP/IP functionality up to the same as Red Thunder 1.01.