what the hell!, Soviet vs Japanese movie

Jorge MC

I've seen this movie. If I recall the only time the Soviets fought the Japanese was during the Battle of Khalkin Gol and then at the end of World War II when the Soviets wanted to land grab some territory before the armistice.

But you're probably talking about the realism. The movie isn't realistic. At all lol.

I saw this movie also. It's more a drama than a war movie. It should based on a true story, but I don't know how realistic the movie is. Found only this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yang_Kyoungjong

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kwantung_Army

Impressive story on Yang Kyoungjong...

But I still prefer the great Swedish adventurer Ivor Thord-Gray who fougt in 13 different wars, serving in many nations.

Short excerpt from Wikipedia:

Military career

Africa

Worked as a Prison Guard on Robben Island 1896

In 1897 he enlisted in the Cape Mounted Riflemen and fought the Boer War 1899–1902

Served in the South African Constabulary 1902–1903

Transvaal Colony Civil Service 1903–1906

Captain in the Lydenburg Militia 1904

Joined Royston's Horse as a Lieutenant and fought in the Bambatha Rebellion 1906 being promoted Captain.

Captain of Nairobi Mounted Police 1907

Asia

Captain Philippine Constabulary ("US Foreign Legion") 1908–1909

Planter in Malaya 1909–1911. Served a short time in the Chinese Revolution 1913

Mexico

Joined Mexican Revolution as Captain and Commander of Pancho Villa's artillery 1913

Promoted Major, Lieutenant-Colonel and Colonel 1914

Chief of Staff 1st Mexican Army 1914

Britain

Joined British Army 1914 as a Major and second in command of 15th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers

Lieutenant-Colonel and Commanding officer of 11th Battalion Northumberland Fusiliers 1915, 1/26th Battalion Royal Fusiliers 1916

Awarded 1914-15 Star, British War Medal, and Allied Victory Medal

Lieutenant-Colonel Canadian Expeditionary Force (CEF-S) to Siberia 1918

Russia

Transferred to Russian "White" Army February 1919 as Colonel

Commanding Officer of 1st Siberian Assault Division

Major General November 1919 and High Representative of the Provisional Siberian Government to the Allied Expeditionary Corps in Vladivostok

I had a book about him once... Never got around to reading it and now I can't find it... Might have given it away or just packed it away somewhere last time I moved.