Naval Action - Age Of Sail - Fps - Open World And Customisation

Destraex1

Boarding action is at the moment abstracted and is due for a "refit" later. So you come alongside and get to choose from a few tactics while the various boarding rounds are played out.

I think from memory you can choose "attack", "defensive posture" and "use muskets"..... it's pretty rudimentary at the moment. It's a place holder that just presents essentially two excel spreadsheets bopping the numbers off as the crew die or are in whatever mode.

I would certainly agree with the above poster that it is not a simulator and if it was it would be considered light. I would ask though what the alternative is at the moment?

Some things are abstracted;

(i) Ships boats are simulated in that you can turn a little even when taken aback. However this does not stop you being taken aback and the knots going into negative.
(ii) Ship damage does not take hours to sink you. Understandably ships sink at the end of a duel instead of floating like they should and taking punishment for hours.
(iii) Ranging shots are allowed. In real life as I understand it ships just fired by gun sections aiming individually. A happy compromise considering that the player does the aiming

The devs will face a fight the whole way through development from the historical crowd VS the disney pirate crowd. Who knows what we will end up with. But currently the game is a lot of fun.

As for pay to win... I agree I hope that any paid content is not going to give any advantage. The devs are certainly saying that any paid content of course would not ruin anything..

30knots? I have sailed and it feels very fast compared to land speeds. I have however never sailed at 30 knots ;)

Perhaps you are right? I don't know. The sailing part is the most exhilarating.

From the facebook page. 
Is the the famous Russian brig Mercury?
My first new PC background for 2015.

Open world distance and travel time testing is coming next year. 
Happy New Year Captains!

P.S.
It seems the devs have created a joke where the ships name can be turned from "we will kill you" over to "you have killed us or escaped" depending on the outcome of the chase.
Or another way to look at that name - "cherubim" is somewhat like "angel" right?  So like a hidden message "I'm not an angel, I'm a bad guy in fact". (thanks Inigo)
15538838854_225cb621a3_o.jpg
Edited by Destraex1