King or Konig....take yer pick

Not all units are in the version we're playing with, but those that are go by the German spelling. They don't have the ä, ü and ö, however. So it'd be something like Konigstiger - maybe Koenigstiger? The oe and ae and ue is a valid replacement for the ö, ä, and ü...

Welcome to "German fer beginners" smile.gif

Guest Big Time Software

I am pretty sure we can have umlauts, but not 100% sure. But yes, we will be using the German names.

Steve

Guest R Cunningham

Ümläüts äre a müst. Withöut ümläüts this gäme will be äbsölütely ünreälistic! I mean I för öne cöüld nöt äccept "Fallschirmjager."

Or even "Fallschirmjaeger." It's Fallschirmjäger!

(falls man das nicht sofort erkennt ist das eine kleine Verarschung. Ich hab' eine Narrenkappe. Wenn ich sie auf dem Kopf habe,

dann traue ich mich ganze viele Dinge

die ich sonst nicht zustande bringe....)

The only reason for not having them that I know of is that Macs don't have them in their character sets. This was the reason that Close Combat 2 left them out supposedly. And for Close Combat 3 the answer was "we forgot" since there was no Mac version.

Was that really Atomic's excuse for CC2? If so, that's totally wrong... I'm typing on a Mac right now (and it's not a terribly current one at that) And I cän häppïlÿ üsë thëm äs müch äs I wänt....

I suspect the "we forget" excuse is more likely for CC2 also....

Guest Big Time Software

hehe... Ben is right. The Mac has had international characters, such as Frénch, Spañish, Gërmän, Scandinavøn, Græk, and all sorts of other funny things since about 1984 smile.gif If Atmoic used that excuse... take it for what it is worth. On the other hand they could have been talking about the fact that ASCII codes between PCs and Macs are different, which they are (slightly). I'll ask Charles what is üp with the ümläüts!

Steve

[This message has been edited by Big Time Software (edited 08-31-99).]