A request

Forgive me if this was already discussed or implemented.

I would like the locked view on a unit to remain locked while the LOS tool is used to see what the unit sees (scan the field of view). That is, I zoom right in there to see what the unit sees, and when I use the line of sight tool to scan the area, the view drops away.

For example, I was playing chance encounter as the Germans and I had a unit in the church on the second floor. I TAB'ed (locked the view on that unit) and zoomed using magnification level two, I believe, wanting to scan the area while maintaining that unit in the lock mode. I activated the LOS tool and when I moved the mouse, the view dropped away.

Thanks and a superb, absolutely brilliant game,

TeAcH

[This message has been edited by TeAcH (edited 11-26-99).]

Yeah that bothers me too. In Chance encounter I drove up a MG42'er to get it settled as soon as the battle commenced used the LOS tool and everything was great. When the battle started he couldn't look over a little ridge after all and I had to make him crawl forward. I lost valuable firepower for a while there. The same goes with the tanks only there i would like to see what the gunner see's, an ambush isn't an ambush if you loose the first seconds because you have to maneuver into better ground.