Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Question About Installation Activation

Hi all. I'm thinking about getting this game but I have a question about the activation. It sounds like if I get the digital download edition that I'll get sent via email an activation serial key which I can use during the installation. Is an Internet connection required during the activation or setup as well? Or do I just put the key in and off it goes? Thanks. :)

From the Battlefront site: (it is the same for all game families)

http://battlefront.mojohelpdesk.com/help/article/128130

Activating/Licensing CMBN Market Garden

(This is a copy of the Licensing chapter from the CMBN Market Garden game manual)

In order to play CM:BN Market Garden, you must first activate it. You can do this launching a special shortcut/alias called “Activate CMBN Market Garden”, which is saved on your desktop (PC) and/or within your game installation folder (PC/Mac) after you install the game. You only need to do this once. After completing the activation steps below, you then launch the game normally.

After launching the special activation shortcut, you will be prompted to activate your copy after the initial install. In most cases all you need to do is:

a) make sure the computer on which you have installed the game has an active online connection to the internet

B) click “Play Now” in the product activation dialog window

c) enter your Market Garden license key into the correct field.

Note: the Activation screen shows "Combat Mission Battle for Normandy v2.0" or something similar. Don't let that confuse you. It merely shows the main game family title, it is NOT asking you for any specific license key. You can enter any valid 2.0 Upgrade or Market Garden key here, depending on what needs to be activated.

d) hit the “Activate” button and wait a few seconds while your license authorizes.

e) confirm that both the base game and the modules are activated. You should see TWO green boxes, one showing "CMBN + Commonwealth" and the other showing "Market Garden". If one or more are missing, your activation wasn't successful.

If you wish to install the game on a computer without internet connection, you must perform what is called a “Manual License Request”.

(PC/Mac) After launching the game:

a) click on the “Manual Activation” button

B) write down or memorize the Authorization Request Code presented to you

c) on a computer that is connected to the internet, go to http://www.battlefront.com/helpdesk

d) enter your License Key and the Authorization Request Code in the appropriate place

e) once your receive it, write down or memorize the Authorization Code

f) go back to the computer where the game is installed. Launch the game again and click on “Manual Activation”. Ignore the Request code and click on the Next button. Enter the Authorization Code from step e above

Off-line licensing is also a good workaround for online computers which experience problems with a firewall, router or proxy settings and cannot establish an internet connection to the activation servers.

Hi all. I'm thinking about getting this game but I have a question about the activation. It sounds like if I get the digital download edition that I'll get sent via email an activation serial key which I can use during the installation. Is an Internet connection required during the activation or setup as well? Or do I just put the key in and off it goes? Thanks. :)

You don't only get the key by email, it is also saved in your online account (for downloadable product). You can activate online as well as on computers that are not online. The latter is called offline activation, and it requires you to be able to access our support desk, but it doesn't have to be from the same computer that the game is installed on. You don't need an online connection during setup or play or any other time after the initial activation.