CMMOS allied uniform

Last time I looked the longer version of Semiotics could still be found on the CMHQ FTP site. Among other things it puts the NWE division shoulder patches on the American Uniforms, and also has Darknight's CW uniforms. Be warned though. It's not a small download, and learning to use it is a fairly complex operation.

Keith Carter never got around to putting together that ruleset, though we collected the material including a neat set of posters to use as placesetting fillers -- it would have had the same format as his German Uniform ruleset.

As it happens, though, Andrew Fox did almost all of the high resolution Allied Uniform mods.

If you do download the longer version of Semiotics I, II, and III, be sure to read the descriptions at the top of each page. You also have to realize that the order in which you apply the mods makes a difference (you'll understand when you try to use it). Be sure to download Faces of Fear as well, because the Semiotics mod changes the face portaits when it changes the units flag.

There are few minor glitches in the mod as posted to the FTP site that I never corrected because the fixes were going to be made to a second edition that took up less disk space. The second edition never got produced because it would have involved almost as much tricky rule writing and testing as the first version. So if you see anything really odd happening or not happening, post again and I'll explain how it works, or, if it is a glitch, send you the fix.

One of the 1er Dfl Senegalese portraits is the wrong size, and the US 28th ID shoulder patch is too bright. Both have since been fixed, but I don't remember which Senegalese photograph was wrong in the first place.

• 4 weeks later...

It seems your prayers have been received by someone very important.

It was hell, I nearly killed the doctor(after asking if he'd ever heard of a man named Mengler) but I'm blessed with a dougther. Thanks to God mother and doughter are doing fine.

She has her mothers looks and her fathers behaviour. Won't be long and the baby takes her own troops to the CM battlefield.

I'll give the uniforms a go this week.

Painbat, the new CMMOS4.5 which is available at CM Mod Database supports an all new set of mods for CMBO. These include every mod I could find including all the allied uniforms and Phillipe's Semiotic's mods. There are so many mods I cannot list them all. Some 20 or so Tiger's so many Panther mods and variants you will never tire of them.

This also includes the theater redress mods for the Pacific and desert as well as a Star Wars mod that includes weapon sounds.

Give it a look and I think you will remove CMMOS4.03 and install 4.5.

MikeT

I wouldn't and I didn't install 4.05 over 4.03. Make it a separate directory or better yet completely and totally remove 4.03. There is nothing there you need and the two systems work completely differently.

4.03 has the mods unzipped into the bmp/wav folders of CMBO.

4.05 the mods remained zipped and are only unzipped when they are installed. It also can reinstall the original files of the game.

Mike

tried the 4.05 and it's great. Used it with CMBO and CMBB and if you want to know about fun. This is fun.

I had a lot of CMMOS mods that had to be unzipped in the CMBO bmp folder. I noticed they too work with 4.05. the only problem is I now have a > 700 MB bmp folder in CMBO and it's still growing.

Thanks for the good work, it will keep me play CM the next 10 years to come.