bazookas at 100m

Pardon me if this has been covered before but Allied Turn 17 suggests a bazooka attack from the open at or about 100 meters. Isn't this a little unrealistic or am I missing something? 100 meters is the length of a football field & I would suspect the chances of hitting anything at that distance with an unguided rocket type weapon would be slim & none. Might as well be throwing spitballs & the team would be a nice exposed target for a vehicle's mg. I realize this isn't Private Ryan but all the reading I've done suggests best using this weapon in very close & under cover. But I ain't no expert... and I ain't trying to pick a fight, either. Just curious.

Dale

Dale - I guess it was a pretty lucky shot. If you look at all the other attempts to hit Fionns halftracks with my bazookas from 100 meters and more (or sometimes less), most of them missed. Don't remember what the actual percentage chance was in that particular turn, but in another turn the chance to hit a STANDING HT at 165 meters was 2%.

Guest Big Time Software

Dale, there was a long thread about Bazooka ranges somewhere on here about 2 weeks ago. Try doing a search.

Basically 100m was a good outside range for the weapon. Theoretically it could knock out tanks at 400m, and there are documented cases of kills at 200m+. Yup, 'tis true wink.gif

Also, the last version of the Panzerfaust had an engagement range of 150m.

Steve

Pak40

Yes.. Check out some of the full-screen shots in my AARs...

There are little grey icons there which are actually Panzerfaust warheads right beside the amount of small arms ammo my men have.

CM is VERY careful to give you all the data you need to make tactical decisions in the little unit data box which appears whenever you click on a unit.

If the unit has satchel charges etc then they are also represented graphically with a graphic of a satchel charge in the same place. BTW satchel charges are REALLY devastating hehe.

------------------

Fionn Kelly

Manager of Historical Research,

The Gamers Net - Gaming for Gamers