resupply

at the end of a battle will we get a chance to resupply our troops and replace casualties?..and on the turn thing...when our turn begins do we give all units commands to move from point a to b or fire at so and so and then hit the end turn button and watch them in action?..

sorry I'm just trying to get myself geared up for this game..trying to now what to expect besides a great game.

thanks

Hangr18

P.S. Great quicktime movies of the weapons testings...were those MG 34's they were shooting?

[This message has been edited by hangr18 (edited 07-08-99).]

Guest Big Time Software

Troops get resupplied and "fleshed out" inbetween battles in a Campaign game. This happens according to parameter settings.

Yes, you give all orders to all troops during the Orders Phase. When you are done you hit "Go!", the turn compiles with the other side's orders, and then you sit back and watch the action smile.gif

If you mean the stuff from the shoot Charles and I went to, the most common MG was a Browning .30cal. There was one MG 34, which I almost shot, but it had a busted bolt and that was that frown.gif

Steve

This probably deserves to be in the cheating thread awhile back but just thought of it while reading this thread so here it goes.

If you run the execution phase more then once with the same orders are you garanteed to obtain the same combat results due to any (if any) random number generators.

You guys have probably already considered this but I could just see it. "Oops my tiger just got taken out by a Sherman." REBOOT. Tiger destroys 3 Shermans in 3 shots "thats better I'll send that one."

Guest Big Time Software

For single player, there is nothing we can do to stop this sort of cheating. All the player has to do is save right before hitting "Go!" and then reload and hit "Go!" to see if the results are better. Because so much of CM (and war) has to do with chance, each time you exectute you are likely to get different results. And this is compounding too. Say you lost the Tiger on the 2nd second. Redo the turn and the tiger doesn't get killed, but instead whacks everything in sight for 60 seconds smile.gif

In multiplayer there is absolutely ZERO chance of cheating in this way.

Steve

Guest Big Time Software

Right. He's forced to send off the results of the "computed action" to his opponent before he can see the action. In fact, his opponenent gets to view it first, then sends back a file, and then the original guy gets to view it. So you can't cheat by checking results and then "retrying it".

Charles

I think you just answered my next question. I was thinking that all you swapped with the opponent was your orders and then each side would run the simulation themselves, but I guess each computer could get different results, right. So in actuality one person will be hosting the game.

Do you know yet how big these files will be.

Guest Big Time Software

The file sizes are all over the place. Depends on the number of units, the number getting orders, the quantity of combat going on, etc. Also, if the turn contains a Movie (i.e. the resolution data) it is going to be much larger. Within a single game we have seen file sizes range from 12k to 650k. Generally they are more like 30k to 300k. The files are already compressed so this is basically the transmission size (note to Mac people, BinHqx is not necessary, so the file won't get larger!). BTW, the compressing of files also prevents file hacking by cheaters.

Steve