Call me Mr.Picky

Allow me to say first that the game is very impressive indeed. Actually I'm pre-ordering it tonight (hey, you actually made a Scotsman PAY for something!)

Anyway, I have a pair of tiny suggestions:

a) Feedback. While burning tanks are easily to spot, sometimes I suffer casualties beyond my ken. Labels help, of course, but I would expect some text message telling me when my tanks or infantry teams are taking a pounding. Apart from the strategical advantages, it would be good to make it far more spectacular sometimes. Disappearing infantry teams is way odd, but what surprised me the most was the way tanks get out of action. Sometines, you just hear a 'chunk' and the tank stops moving. I'm not saying it should always explode, but it would help.

B) We can't say this is a problem, but just an idea. Units can get out of Command and Control, right? I think units out of Command and Control SHOULD report less intel. Let's say, you can't see how much ammo they have left, or how many casualties they suffered... something like this. What happens to american soldiers in WWII movies when the radio doesn't work...

------------------

Regards

Reverendo

Guest Big Time Software

Hehe... one of our main business goals was to get a Scotsman to buy one of our games smile.gif Now we can retire with a smile on our faces! On a serious note, I lived in London for 6 months and never once saw a "sale" in any shop. I went up to Edinborough one weekend (that was very fun!) and saw a sale right after getting off the train. Got some nice sweaters there too wink.gif OK, enough rambling...

a) best thing to do is watch from Camera #3 or #4 at least once. You will get a very clear sense of what is going on that way. Then you can replay bits with different angles to see details. Vehicles more often than not do not "brew up" (catch on fire/explode). Generally they just go "thunk".

B) This is far more complex an issue than you may realize. It has been discussed here several times in great detail. Unfortunately, it isn't a quick and easy sort of thing. We are planning on doing something more with C&C for the next release of CM, but not for this one.

Thanks,

Steve

Alright laddy! Every weekend I play the demo with my Brit helmet and my Kilt on... I can hardly wait for the full version. A friend of mine, who was born in London, is about to buy it too so we can play by e-mail...

Anyway, I understand that we're talking about a complicated, extremely realistic game that requires all of the player's attention. Part of my mind is asking for 'dead soldiers' graphics, but I ken it would be a mess ('Move it out, maggot! Ooops, sorry, didn't ken ya were dead!'). And the tanks thing (the fact they get out of the battle so discretely, isn't a big bother, but I guess it will be when we play larger battles...

P.S: are artillery spotters supposed to hit something? I managed to set a tank on fire with three spotters dropping tons of HE shells on it, but at first I was just outlining its silhouette with craters... :¬)

------------------

Regards

Reverendo