New scenario freezes: Navigator conflict?

I was on turn 33 of the new scenario with all my armor intact as German(!) and all the American armor knocked out and their troops on the run when, after giving my orders and clicking on "GO" the game froze solid. Norton "antifreeze" (which almost never works anyway) couldn't do anything with it, although it did identify a number of errors that were occuring.

I was also online with Netscape Communicator 4.07...and it seems to me that this kind of thing happens more often with games when I'm online and Communicator is running. Anyone else share my paranoia, uh, experience?

--Max

Yeah, I've been getting some unfortunate lockups lately while running Communicator along with other programs (most often either AIM or Word). You're getting a conflict between programs; they try to grab each other's memory, or write to the same area of the hard drive, or some such (too technical for me)

I suggest running CM by itself; in fact, unless you REALLY REALLY have to, always run programs by themselves. I know how rarely *I* want ONLY to do something in Word, for example, but the more programs you have running the greater are your chances for a conflict. Also, the RAM taken by Communicator would be MUCH better utlitized if you let CM have it ;)

DjB

Guest Big Time Software

I wouldn't be surprised if Communicator has some problems with being in the background. I know my version of IE does some bad things when left back there for a while, and oddly enough I have found it more stable than Communicator wink.gif

Steve