Does CMBN 3.0 Upgrade Mess Up Old Saved Campaigns?

Hi all, I'm considering getting the 3.0 upgrade - I have BN, Commonwealth, and MG bought as a package in Christmas 2013.

Would buying and installing 3.0 for these games overwrite/spoil any in progress saved campaign games I have for my current version or would they be OK?

Thanks!

- Genosse

Would buying and installing 3.0 for these games overwrite/spoil any in progress saved campaign games I have for my current version or would they be OK?

It won't as long as your save games were saved in the command phase and not in the review phase. My save games worked just fine.

If so, are the Battles and Campaigns in the original game releases edited/altered to reflect the new powers of the update?

If by that you mean new available triggers added to the stock campaigns and scenarios then the answer is unfortunately no. Thus you would have to experience triggers in new user made scenarios/campaigns. There ain't that many available at the moment.

All the rest regarding 3.0 features are in.

I think that I understand that the new triggers are only in "New scenarios and campaigns"

What lay behind my question was; If I upgrade my existing BN and FI, will the original scenarios and campaigns be playable in the way the designers intended?

David

Yes, Kilroy, it will be fine...

Joe