Tank damage question

In a PBEM I saw this:

My King Tiger's main gun had been damaged, MG was still functional according to info panel.

So I thought it would be possible to use the MG (Target Light), but not main gun (Target command). But I *could* give Target command, but not Target Light. Why?

I haven't seen the movie yet, so I don't know which weapons the tank actually used, but IMO available commands vs available weapons is not working properly.

In a PBEM I saw this:

My King Tiger's main gun had been damaged, MG was still functional according to info panel.

So I thought it would be possible to use the MG (Target Light), but not main gun (Target command). But I *could* give Target command, but not Target Light. Why?

Just taking a SWAG, maybe the game figured the Target Light command was superfluous since firing the main gun was no longer an option anyway. But this does seem like an odd way to go about it. Let us know how it all turns out.

Michael

On the other hand if your tank normally has a gun and then Target command no longer works the player would know that the main weapon is no longer functional. IMO this is very important, because your tank cannot defend itself against other tanks anymore. I don't view unit damage tab that often, so I might miss the event that caused the gun damage.

Maybe that "balloon" above units could flash when the main gun gets damaged, the same way that happens when an infantry squad gets casualties? Or maybe this already happens, I should check :)

Just taking a SWAG, maybe the game figured the Target Light command was superfluous since firing the main gun was no longer an option anyway. But this does seem like an odd way to go about it. Let us know how it all turns out.

Yes, this seems to be the way the game "thought" about the situation. I had used Target command and the tank used its MG.