question about the game engine

Hmm, thinking About it would be possible only in this situation:

you need the "ford" tile and the "water" tile. You have them in CMRT, for example.

With a combination of the two you could make a realistic water where vehicles could drive on.

There's still no way to have amphibious vehicles working (it would need to be coded/programmed).

No way to make it happen in CMSF now, as we miss the ford Tiles (also water, but could be added as "marsh").

Unfortunately CMSF is lower on the CMx2 engine totem pole then CMBN v1.12. Development for this title is no more, with the exception of mission and mods made by the community. The CMx2 engine has now progressed to v3.0, and while outwardly similar, are almost completely different games.

The good news is, Combat Mission: Black Sea should be out sometime this year and will bring us back to modern warfare with the v3.0 engine! With the later modules adding decent MBT's and air support to the Syrian side, you could almost feel like you were fighting a peer nation instead of uncons and the Syrian Army. With CMBS the US and Russia will finally square off in a CM title. Granted, it will take a while for CMBS and it's following modules to match the quantity of content you get with CMSF+Marines+British+NATO, but the game play will be at a whole new level of awesome!

Two games have gotten me sprung like this before now, and those were CMBN when it launched and the Matrix Games title 'Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations' which I tested pre-launch and still test patches to this day. Each of these have given me countless hours of play, fractions of pennies per hour, and I can tell that CMBS is going to be amazing!

LoL, rant concluded, hope there was a little helpful info sprinkled in my ravings.