Bug or too stupid?

I have upgraded to 3.0 and cant assign keyboard commands to "next unit" and "previous unit". Tried out changing "target" - worked. Tried out to assign "T" to next unit - failure.

The gamer seems to accept the change at first, but when I close and reopen options menu there is nothing assigned.

Quite annoying since these are the most used commands by me.

Things like that happened with the install of CMRT when you edited the commands. What happened with those situations was that the underlying hotkeys.txt files somehow got corrupted during the install or the first edit did it. Battlefront never really explained why but this did occur for a few people.

The solution was to clobber the hotkeys.txt file and start fresh. Editing in the GUI didn't seem to fix anything.

I am not sure if the format of the CMRT and CMBN 3.0 hotkeys files are the same. I think they are as a quick inspection looked like they were identical except that the "Camera Keys FPS" and "Camera Keys RTS" group of commands are reversed in order between the files. If you have CMRT you could probably overwrite your CMBN hotkeys file with this then happily edit in the GUI. Your old CMBN hotkeys file should not work as there have been many additions.

You should probably save the new CMBN hotkeys file first but in reality this is probably corrupted. If you open and look at it I suspect you will see the problems if you know what to look for.

Actually stuff it, here is what my file looks like. The default directory is "install disk":\Program Files (x86)\Battlefront\Combat Mission Battle for Normandy\Data\hotkeys.txt. BE WARNED - mine is edited away from the default commands. I can't see why the below won't work for you. If your file does not look like this it is almost certainly corrupted. If you decide to copy mine dump it in notepad* as this will get rid of an special characters that the forum might have plopped in there. *Best program ever invented. The file contents start at the following // inclusive.

// You can edit this file to modify various in-game functions and hot-key based commands. Use of special characters (shift, alt, control, numpad or function keys) is not permitted. The letter in <>'s (E,F or G) designates the language (English, French or German).

Command Keys Direct

//FAST

<E>'

//QUICK

<E>;

//MOVE

<E>h

//SLOW

<E>g

//HUNT

<E>k

//ASSAULT