AI Prowess

Guest srare

I have heard praises sung here about the AI. I have found that the Demo is not too difficult. I have not lost yet and won one scenario (The one with the US defending)with out hardly moving anyone from their setup positions in buildings. They were able to hold the buildings and plow through the Germans. I do not consider myself an awesome player either. Have I just been lucky? I have played each scenario once and one twice, I expect that as my experience with the scenarios increase the AI will have even less of a chance agaisnt me. Am I just really lucky? I don't really think so because I usually lose most of my tanks while killing the computers. In the new new scenario I put two of my STUG's right near the road that runs between the setup areas of both sides near the church with one pointed over the hill and the other to the road. These guys killed 4 of 5 US Tanks! They just wandered through where there buddies were just killed - you would think they would know better than to get ambushed over and over.

srare, if you were in the middle of a turn when the first Sherman was destroyed, then the AI must (like a human player) rely on the tactical AI to keep units alive. If the AI had given all those tanks orders to advance, and the line of advance crossed your LOS at the 30-second mark, then they're going to drive right through the LOS unless you do something to stop them, like shooting and missing (you shot and hit)

DjB