Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Covered Arc AI tweak

Sometimes I use Covered Arc command to hold fire until enemy unit moves close enough. I've noticed that sometimes an enemy unit spots my waiting unit *before* moving inside the arc area and starts firing my unit. My units seems to just take casualties instead of opening fire.

Would it be possible to change the AI behaviour so that if my unit notices that it has been spotted because it is being fired dangerously (enemy infantry shooting at a tank from 500m away might not be dangerous, but another tank from same distance would be) then it would defend itself and ignore the arc?

That possibility already exists. It depends, though, on the Motivation of the shot-at troops. If they're high Motivation, they're more likely to follow the orders you've given them, and not shoot back at "clear and present" dangers. I've had rifle teams open up on spotted enemy that were outside their covered arc that hadn't even started shooting yet; the example that sticks in my mind was an MG that was just outside a fairly long Target Arc.