Close Combat 3D pictures - I like them a lot! (Close Combat: The Bloody First)

I had never noticed this. I really like them a lot. Be good to see them when the camo and finer details are presumably added.

I am now really looking forward to this as long as everything is realistic and improved. Close Combat: The Bloody First is the name.

One of the things that really annoyed me about Close Combat was that the soldiers were waaay to big in comparison to the tanks. I hope this has been changed. Ranges also have to be realistic. I have not played close combat in a long time but seem to remember that tank ranges were a little unrealistic in the original titles to offset the small maps.

I wonder what has been improved... borg vision ? A zoom feature could make this really amazing, this lean to thing I don't know about.

Also with 3D we should finally be able to clearly see undulations in the terrain. Something very very hard to do in both combat mission and the original close combat titles.

Are we going to be able to have maps big enough to support a real battlegroup or unit composition this time? Like combat mission has where you get to use half tracks the way they were supposed to be used. I am assuming we now have entry and exit animations for transports?

It would be great if the campaign was a little more realistic as well. Again this is something that combat mission cannot compete with. A map similar to the unity of command games would be good.

Will there be re-enforcements? That sort of thing did not happen in CC1 - You were never able to have a battlegroup come to help from an ajacent block on the campaign map even if it was originally inbound.

Will there be re-enforcements? That sort of thing did not happen in CC1 - You were never able to have a battlegroup come to help from an ajacent block on the campaign map even if it was originally inbound.

WOW two player COOP!!!! This is something combat mission cannot compete with!!

But America in Normandy again? :( I hope there is a German campaign because I personally am sick to death of the

default Normandy as the Americans perspective. It's not that I hate it, just that it is well covered. Having said that I

guess it is the lowest risk for a new title.

WAIT WHAT! PC AND IPAD? I hope the PC version will NOT be limited by the IPAD version. I.E. THe game is only developed to the IPAD's potential and the PC is wasted on it. I want to see tank tracks moving and men animating like in company of heroes.

I will never touch company of heroes again if this game turns out! I don't know yet if it will compete for realism with combat mission.

http://www.pockettactics.com/news/ios-news/slitherines-new-3d-close-combat-looks-just-like-old-2d-close-combat/

Screenshot_CC_TBF_01.jpg

Screenshot_CC_TBF_02.jpg

I used to have a blast with the original especially. It's what made me look for cmx2.

Recently of course I have gotten used to the WEGO play style of CMx2.

What I am missing from cmx2 is a campaign map, multiplayer options (COOP) and the nice crisp "train set" style terrain that even the old close combat games had.

Close Combat has all of that.

Destraex1,

The pics are obviously in Tiffy Vision™. Or is it Thunderbolt Vision™? It looks cool, but the engagement ranges remind me of a clash in FoW. Got to play some CC back when men prone and crawling looked like mobile homicide outlines. That was cool, but something came out which made CC look farcical. I've never looked back.

Regards,

John Kettler

I wont argue with you when it comes to combat mission being superior up until now in realism feature stakes.

I am just interested to see if this new one has anything under the hood.

Close combat is at least the only game I know of that can hold a candle to combat mission. If this 3d version turns out to be more than just window dressing i will certainly be keeping an eye on it.

The AI in close combat is something I am very interested in. This is an area that I believe close combat 3D may end up being far superior to combat mission in.

This combined with co-operative play in a game that DOES have many realistic features. I mean something that I guess I should ask the devs is whether the maps cater for the longer ranges.

I have no idea whether these screenshots are just to SHOW what is in the game rather than to show grogs typical ranges.

The MAP graphics being crisp and clear have always made close combat for me an easier game to see things in and control them. Although gradients have always been a problem in a 2D map, perhaps until now.

Obviously a campaign and force selection screens etc are something combat mission completely missed. In combat mission I am stuck with a briefing screen the size of 1/3 of my screen I strain to read and cannot interact with.

Suffice to say a lot more of my friends remember and play close combat than combat mission. When this comes out I may actually have a reasonably realistic game in relative terms that my friends will actually play with me.

One that does not take 10hrs to play a 3hr battle through on.

We will see.

I am prepared to be unerwhelmed by close combat 3D. I first played close combat 1 in high school... rose coloured glasses?

It was a little like playing with a train set.

P.S. John what is it that you don't like specifically about close combat? What is glaringly wrong?