This is Killing me!

Nothing will take this anguish away frown.gif I tried playing CC3, but don't have the patience, West Front erks me is too disjointed, and there is nothing else to fire

up my imagination about WW2, I'll have to go hire Saving Private Ryan again, and my Fav Kelly's Heroeos smile.gif Actually I'll go and fire up my good old Amiga, there is some stuff on it I haven't seen in years like Fire Brigade (Battle for Kiev, Australian game by Panther Games - I wonder where they are now??) top Game with simultaneous turn generation- exactly like CM, but its from 1988 and runs on 1 meg and is divisional level, now that game had good AI - There is chapter at the end of the manual on its AI design, early fuzzy logic? One thing I really Like about this game - I mentioned in a previous post - you can just set the objectives and orders, and you computer staff fills in all the other bits for if you couldn't be bothered smile.gif

When is demo coming out??? arghhhhh

CCJ

Patience my friend. You've been here what, all of a little over a week? Unless of course you were lurking here before that smile.gif

Anyway, some of us have been around here from the beginning and have managed to wait this long, so I think you can sit tight along with the rest of us till our long awaited baby arrives. Heck, I know I've been waiting for well over a year, probably coming up on close to two years! If I and others here have managed to wait for that long you can hold out for a month or two can't you??? smile.gif I know it's tough, I don't have much patience alot of the time either. But in the end, BTS's approach to doing it right the first time and releasing a quality product will benefit us all vs. rushing some garbage out the door just to appease somebody (first release of East Front comes to mind, my God, what a mess that was).

Mike D

aka Mikester

Guest KwazyDog

Hehe, I was just thinking that Mike. I only found this site about 3 months back but would have hated to have found it 12-18 months ago, the wait would have been too much. Even though its taking time, I know when its released, it will have been worth the wait smile.gif

East Front *shudder*.. I still have nightmares about waiting 45 minutes for the computer to make its moves on my old P166 ..

And lets talk about bugs eh? hehe. God, I didn't buy EF II or WF or WF II due to my experiences with EF.

ActionStations. On an 8088 Zenith PC-clone, some of the larger scenarios, I could hit the "resolve" button, go watch A-Team start-finish, and come back in time for the resolution to be calculated. I used to play scenarios one or two turns a day, 'cause there just wasn't enough time to play more in one sitting.

Great game, and I hereby vote that when BTS wants a break from tanks-n-infantry, they move on to ships-n-ships. An update of ActionStations, movable camera, dozens of ships/side...mmmmmmm....

DjB

Hey Doug, I agree about Action Stations, outstanding

naval wargame (still the king of realistic tactical

naval combat in the WWI/WWII period). And it even

resolved slowly on my 386sx smile.gif, of course, it calculates an

awful lot of stuff, sighting in particular I think soaked

up processing time. Of course, my graphics card was

so slow that it took a long time to even redraw the screen

smile.gif .

I would LOVE to see Action Stations redone by BTS.

The guy who did Action Stations (Alan Zimm, IIRC)

was working on a sequel called Fleet Commander, but

he got transfered (he's active duty Navy) and the

game has yet to be released. It was going to have VGA

graphics, some sound (the original has 0 sound

effects) and the addition of carriers and subs

to the wargame. The level of detail in Action

Stations would make Steve and Charles proud. smile.gif