Artillery

Started another QB-so far I'm impressed. I noticed in the 2 QB's I played the AI uses artillery and the force selection is interesting.

I also notice artillery creates a lot of smoke and dust in effect creating a de-facto smoke screen.

I don't recall seeing this in the Normandy and Italy modules. I may be mistaken and some of my games have been in weather conditions like rain that may have played a role, but has anyone else noticed this?

The more and more I play EF the more and more I'm impressed.

When will all these enhancements make its way to Normandy and Italy? :D

Started another QB-so far I'm impressed. I noticed in the 2 QB's I played the AI uses artillery and the force selection is interesting.

I also notice artillery creates a lot of smoke and dust in effect creating a de-facto smoke screen.

I don't recall seeing this in the Normandy and Italy modules. I may be mistaken and some of my games have been in weather conditions like rain that may have played a role, but has anyone else noticed this?

The more and more I play EF the more and more I'm impressed.

When will all these enhancements make its way to Normandy and Italy? :D

Artillery has created an effective smoke screen since CMSF. I haven't noticed AI using it much - the AI in QBs usually expends most or all of its arty/mortar ammo in front of the setup at game start - but occasionally I'll be surprised by a particularly reactive mortar and pay the penalty for it.

Yeah but it's of short duration. Usually I find that within a minute of the shells ceasing to fall it dissipates. That may be okay if you have timed your attack to arrive at just that moment and before the defenders have recovered from whatever shock/suppression they may have acquired.

Michael

You're right it is short duration.

I gave the Soviets 40% boost. I killed a bunch of T-34's and a IS-1 and thought I was going to get an easy victory. I'm now holding on for dear life. 1 Hetzer and 75 mm AT gun and some infantry left.

I notice the T-34's have canister rounds. Nasty.