Burning Terrain?

I haven't been following CM for a while now and was happily surprised to see the East Front released so quickly. Compared to previous releases this was like lightening. Excuse me if this has(and I'm almost 100% sure it has) been brought up before, but now that we have flamethrowers burning terrain is on the imminent to do list? Is this something that is planned, or is it something that is limited by the CMX2 engine? I was fighting in the woods and saw what looked like the start of a fire, but upon closer examination it turned out to be what looked like a flare on the ground. Has anyone else seen this?

Thanks in advance!

PS: It's great to be back, won't make the mistake of laying this series down any time soon.

I cannot speak for plans regarding spreading fire. I hope that is in the works. What you noticed - lingering burning on the ground is real not your imagination:) It does not, however, get bigger, expand or spread though. It just burns for a while and then goes out. Actually come to thing of it I have not actually noticed those burning patches going out but I also have not been paying any real attention to them either.