A brief bit of levity...

Top 12 Comments Overheard At

A Software Development Company

On The Klingon Homeworld

12. "Specifications are for the weak and timid!"

11. "This machine is a piece of GAGH! I need dual Pentium II processors if I am to do battle with this code!"

10. "You cannot really appreciate Dilbert unless you've read it in the original Klingon."

9. "Indentation?!? -- I will show you how to indent when I indent your skull!"

8. "What is this talk of 'release'? Klingons do not 'release' software, our software 'escapes', leaving a bloody trail of designers and quality assurance people in its wake!"

7. Klingon functions do not have 'parameters' -- they have 'arguments'!"

6. "Help files? Klingon software does not have help files. Our software does not coddle the weak."

5. "I have challenged the entire quality assurance team to a Bat-Leth contest. They will not trouble us again."

4. "A TRUE Klingon warrior does not comment his code."

3. "By throwing this exception you have challenged the honor of my family! Prepare to die!"

2. "You question the worthiness of my code?!? I should kill you where you stand!"

1. "Our users will know fear and cower before our software. Ship it! Ship it and let them flee like the dogs they are."

[This message has been edited by Herr Oberst (edited 06-25-99).]

Hehe. I am in the process of looking for someone with one of those Canon printers that can do Iron-on Transfers.

Just too good a set to pass up. If it comes through, I'll send one or two your way as well.

[This message has been edited by Herr Oberst2 (edited 06-27-99).]