Save function in H2H/Real-time

Hi! Me and my friend have been playing this game since Shock Force and loved doing it. We have always played in Real-Time as we usually only have a few hour at our disposal and we think it gives us better immersion to have it played out in a more "non-Stratego" environment. Since the Pause function been added it has surly given us an opportunity give it a go at the larger scenarios and to handle more micro-management.

The one thing we have on your wish list is a Save-function even in R-T battles as this would give us an possibility to play even bigger and more complex scenarios. Sometimes you just have to break of a gaming session for whatever reasons. Also we sometimes experience some lagging when we pauses frequently and this tend to happen more often the longer and larger missions we play. Also with a save function we could in some cases prevent the unexplainably random crashes that could ruin hours of play:mad:.

I have searched the forum for posts about this topic but haven't found anything useful. If this has been discussed earlier please share the link and feel free to share own thoughts and ideas.

/Kim

That does sound like a desirable improvement. I'd like there to be a hotkey for a save in WeGo, too, and the option for an autosave... perhaps an autosave at Pauses could be an option in RealTime.

We really do have to find a less confusing way of referring to RealTime play now that Red Thunder is on its way. Playing RT in RT is just too recursive :)

As easy this might seem to fix (myself; someone without even basic programming skill) it could in reality be a real headache for Battlefront. Is probably not very high on their priority list as I figured the vast majority of player here on the forum plays WeGo. But a wish is a wish.

Yes I see the potential problem with using the term RT in the future. RTS is a bit grand and overused, maybe NTTRTTO (NoTimeToReallyThinkThingsOver). :)