FLATTER AT WILL, MEN!

Ok. I'm sure we all have things to suggest to the lads at Big Time Software. I'm sure we all want to get a custom game. But, what about what has already been done?

I started this topic just to claim Combat Mission is the best wargame I have played. It's not only the best wargame. It's the best strategy game, it's the best simulator, it's even the best movie (most replays should get an oscar!). It is a masterpiece, and those lads should be worshipped for it. That's exactly the point of this topic...

I want you lads to tell Big Time Software they're doing damned good! I want you to tell them they're the best game makers in the whole world! Getting your job done is often easier and more comfortable if somebody tells you you're doing it alright. So let's cheer them, they deserve it!

Long live BTS! May the Lord be with you! Shall other companies know they have already been surpassed!

P.S: I'm a Mac user, and I have to tell you that the whole Mac community is grateful. We want to make a toast to you. For BTS! For CM! For the future of wargaming! For the independence of Scot...! ...er... For you!

P.S2: how the hell do you put smileys on your messages?

I program for my parents software company part time while going to school. Like BTS we are a small company. We only have three employees.

The highest compliment I can give BTS is to tell them that their level of customer service and responsiveness reminds me of that given by my stepfather and mother.

They are always there listening patiently (most of the time) to the endless complaints from the customers (which for us are hospitals).

The 12,000+ posts are an obvious testament to the great work BTS has done.

Jason

I just went and checked BTS's profile. It shows that they have posted 1859 messages! Talk about responsiveness to the customer.

That's even more posts than Fionn has written. smile.gif

[This message has been edited by guachi (edited 11-05-99).]

Yes, BTS you have done a wonderful thing with CM. I think maybe the highest compliment I can give is that in addition to improving upon the industry in general, you've improved upon yourselves. Your earlier games, I'm mainly thinking OTR here, were excellent. However, Combat Mission is even light years ahead of that.

I told Fionn, in a personal e-mail, that if CM got the attention it deserved Charles and Steve would be on the Tonight Show a few weeks after the release.