Rewind for real-time gameplay

LukeFF

RT - pause-free is about as 'realistic' as CM gets.

RT - pause-free is the most fun and functional in smaller force / map size scenarios.

RT - occasional pauses allows one to play a little larger force map mix.

RT - occasional pauses and game saves makes for even larger force map mix.

RT - unlimited pausing = god like micro management but could be very tedious w/o the benefit of WeGo replay.

I would not play some of the huge scenarios and force mixes in RT as it would be overwhelming. WeGo is the way to go in those setups.

As for spilling the beer ;) I have manged that w/o frantic clicking :)

In RT - pause-free smaller force / map size scenarios, I go with the flow. If my troops get annihilated I start the scenario again and try to do better. I accept that I am going to have losses and do the best I can. The 'flow' of smaller, RT - pause-free scenarios is liberating and often instructive... for me.

But you'd likely require organizational skills, a dedicated server and a larger, World of Tanks-sized, player base.

For a mammoth battle add to that 4-8 reliable, I mean really reliable friends. These guys should be free of distractions, ideally unemployed and living alone out in the woods in a Uni-bomber type cabin with (unlikely) bullet-proof internet. A developer supplied MP lobby would be helpful as well. And voila! ;)