Which is the best game?

Struggling to find out

a/ which is the latest SC game?

b/ which is the best SC game? This WW1 game and Global Conflict both look good games - but on different scales. I like the idea of the Russian CW but I think Global Conflict looks graphically better. I like the idea of the 1948 Campaign as well. Difficult choice!

a) SC GC AoD

B) I like SC WW1 with the Breakthrough Add-on installed best. Followed by SC GC Gold. With SC WW1 Breakthrough you get not only the brilliant (!) WW1 game, but a WW2, Russian Civil War, Franco-Prussian War game as well. Four wars for the price of one.

Tell you what: install the free Demos and decide for yourself. Maybe you like Aod of AoC better - who else but you is able to decide in this matter?

:)

Tell you what: install the free Demos and decide for yourself. Maybe you like Aod of AoC better - who else but you is able to decide in this matter?

I have lol! I went for WW1 + Breakthrough in the end. I would also like to get Global Conflict but I cant afford both. Considering Ive bought four games recently I cant actually afford this either but it look like a great game.

Personally, I've found Assault on Communism to be the best of the SC2 games. Perfectly scaled map and unit sizes for an Eastern Front WWII game. WW1 is a close second, also a very good simulation of the time-frame. The only reason I put WW1 second is I find it to be too easy to pull unrealistic breakthroughs on the Western Front. Some of the other WW1 Breakthrough scenarios are quite interesting as well, Russian Civil War and Franco-Prussian War are well done. I don't really care for Assault on Democracy global game, as the map scale makes it very prone to gamey tactics with no historical basis, but it's a good Axis & Allies type of unrealistic, high-level WWII game.

a) SC GC AoD

B) I like SC WW1 with the Breakthrough Add-on installed best. Followed by SC GC Gold. With SC WW1 Breakthrough you get not only the brilliant (!) WW1 game, but a WW2, Russian Civil War, Franco-Prussian War game as well. Four wars for the price of one.(...)

I second this opinion, it's the best WW1 grand strategy cpu game around and with Storm Over Europe add-on, you basically get a SC2.5 included (SC GC isn't as good imo, mainly due to the too small map size (grand offensive is just a few hexes in this or that side...).

Haven't played Russian Civil War or Franco-Prussian War but they look tasty and with WW1 Vorbeck's Afrika campaign, this game just rocks :)

I have just tried the Siege of Kut and that was fun. Didnt get through of course but it was fun trying. I have been a fan of Paradoxs HOI2 and 3 but I think these games are actually better than those. I will have to get the WW2 game later on. Watching those Operation Bagration screens in the new Combat Mission game makes me feel like trying out that in this game.