Movement around the bridge

I ordered a HT to move through an underpass and instead it moved up on the bridge and since then remained stationary. It would not move no matter what order I gave it. It seems to me that the game is treating the bridge and the underpass as 2-dimension. Sometimes it treats the bridge as the "surface" or sometimes the underpass as the "surface". When I move a unit on the bridge, the blue line runs underneath the bridge. To overcome that, I use zoom 8. Have any one of you experienced this? Any other way to work around that? By the way, in the same game I positioned a AFV just on the edge during set up and it has refused to move since.

Must be your computer buy a new one ... just kidding. Assuming the bridge is for vehicles which I am sure it is and you know that .. then I guess one solution is the stand - by fix for all things aggravating SAVE AND SAVE OFTEN ... meaning save your game often other than that the manual seems to indicate on page 41 of the version 2.11 manual that with vehicles in tight areas use slow movement and put a few more waypoints and to avoid 90 degree turns. However, maybe you did all of this.

It will depend what version you're using. Bridges in pre-2.1 (BN notation) were flaky as anything when it came to pathfinding. There were ways you could get consistent behaviour, but even then, there was no way to make units pass under the bridge. The first thing I did when I got to 2.12 was try passing under some bridges, and it worked first time, no problem.

I don't know what might happen if you tried to drive a vehicle under a bridge that was too low, though; I just drove a jeep under the ramp of a big steel bridge, and ran an FO team under a little ornamental bridge in a park...

Must be your computer buy a new one ... just kidding. Assuming the bridge is for vehicles which I am sure it is and you know that .. then I guess one solution is the stand - by fix for all things aggravating SAVE AND SAVE OFTEN ... meaning save your game often other than that the manual seems to indicate on page 41 of the version 2.11 manual that with vehicles in tight areas use slow movement and put a few more waypoints and to avoid 90 degree turns. However, maybe you did all of this.

My 3 HTs and a Tiger got stuck on a big bridge in the open and got destroyed. I have the latest patch. You are right, the surest way to navigate around the bridge area is to move (slow or hunt) with many short way points. What caused my AFV to stuck on the bridge was that I plotted a long straight way point to move my tank through an underpass and the tank ended up on top of the bridge where the underpass is and got stuck there. What seemed to work is to stop the tank just in front of the entrance to the underpass, use level 1 view and move again through it. The same problem applies to soldiers except that I can move them out of the bridge.

Not to be sarcastic or anything, but it is a New Year, I get to start fresh. Looks like bridge waypoint issues are still with us.

Maybe the issue was never fixed, maybe we are likely to see them until they are finally fixed somewhere down the road.

Try to get a Stug to pass under the railroad overpass in Jon S' scenario. My last contact with him gave me the impression he was looking into it. Hope he has a fix, and it was just specific to his map design.

Try to get a Stug to pass under the railroad overpass in Jon S' scenario. My last contact with him gave me the impression he was looking into it. Hope he has a fix, and it was just specific to his map design.

I'm familiar with Jon's scenario. The Stug passed under the bridge with no problem on Fast and gunned down a slew of fleeing paras. Graphically it does appear like a tight fit.

I'm familiar with Jon's scenario. The Stug passed under the bridge with no problem on Fast and gunned down a slew of fleeing paras. Graphically it does appear like a tight fit.

How many times did your StuG wind up on top of the bridge before you tried FAST, or did you use that mode from the beginning?