Infantry only scenario

Hi,

I've just started playing around with CMSF, and I'm trying to set up a scenario with only infantry units (No vehicles of any kind).

But when I look around in the editor I only see the option to insert whole battalions, I can't find a way to split it up.

My goal is the setup a scenario in the quick battle map QB A City L ez_47.btt,

where blue side consist of 1 Infantry platoon (3 squads), and red side consist of smaller fireteams (2-4 men).

Is this possible and if so, could anyone point me to the magic button?

(Game is CMSF only, no addons, patched to 1.32)

Hi

I'm no expert on scenario creation but you can delete individual units once purchased. In the map/scenario editor, look at the bottom right hand side of the purchased screen and you should see a delete key. You can select and delete the vehicles within the unit hierarchy you have purchased by highlighting them and then using delete.

More generally, I'd also recommend George MC's scenario creation help file which is available in the repository.

Hope this helps.:)

You can have as little as a single squad on each side in a given scenario. Let's say you want a single infantry squad for a given side. First you purchase the overall unit (say, an infantry battalion). Then you delete from that battalion every sub-formation and team except the one you want (say, the first infantry company in the battlion). Then you delete from that company all the platoons except the one which has the squad you want (say, the first platoon) plus the company-level units (CO, XO, etc.; but typically — yet not, for some reason, every time — you can't delete the CO unit at any level, so see below for how to make any given un-delete-able unit not appear in the scenario). Then you delete all the units in that platoon except the one you want (say, the first squad). Then you add any other un-delete-able units to a reinforcement group whose arrival time is set to beyond the time limit of the scenario (say your scenario is 1 hour long; set the arrival time of this odds-and-ends reinforcement group to 1:30 or some other higher time). Thus when you actually play the scenario, only the single desired squad will be on the map for the duration.

Don't know if you have the Marines module, but if you do, check out GeorgeMC's "USMC To Ambush Or Not To Ambush", which features a single USMC infantry squad in a tense meeting engagement, and check it out in the editor to see how such a nothin'-but-one-squad scenario is set up.