Damp Ground

I am wondering what caution I should take with my vehicles in the damp ground of Chance Encounters. Will moving fast increase my chance of bogging? Will I have a greater chance of bogging in fields vs open ground? I am assuming that the safest place is on the dirt road.

Thanks,

Ken

Guest Big Time Software

Damp ground doesn't greatly increase the chance of getting stuck. I decided to go easy on you guys wink.gif Yes, the type of terrain you are on is very important. The Road is the safest place, fields are probably the worst.

Steve

Guest L Tankersley

Not to give too much away since we're doing a blind email game, but on turn 1 I had a vehicle bog temporarily. It was only stuck for maybe 30 seconds, but as it happens that caused a cascade of events that really kinda screwed up my planning.

Leland J. Tankersley

i have a vehicle bogged down in chance encounter also earlie in the game..hope it comes free on its own..if not he will anchor the back of the map and wait for the tank retrever to come get it out if my advance proves succesfull.. smile.gif..damp ground and trees do make for a nasty combo for track vehicles.. in vietnam i was in a mtce co.. and we our sister co had a 88 tank retrever that took sometimes all day to remove a tank from a rice patty.. so it was a process that cm couldn't incorporate into a game..

and remember duck and run

Question for BTS: Can a bogged Sherman throw a track and become immobilized? I think that this happened to me. The only other thing I saw firing at it when it became immobilized was a MG42.

Which was more likely to immobilize the tank: the terrain or the machine gun? Or was there something else that I just couldn't see?

Thanks!

Had a Stug get bogged for a number of turns, then status changed to immobilized. No shots were fired at it during this time period. It was set on 'move fast' when it bogged, and as long as it remained bogged, the move options were unavailable. Which brings up a question on how much (if any), the move status has on bogging and/or throwing a track...

I got a good one for you. I am playing 007 on the Riesburg scenerio. On turn 5 my sniper shot at a Sherman tank and immobilized it! Guess I got the driver, it buttoned up and has stayed that way ever since.

------------------

"Armchair Generals never lose any men"-Darstand

Guest Big Time Software

Tanks that are bogged go one of two ways... they get themselves out of the mess or they damage the tank somehow and remain there for the rest of the game. The latter can be a tossed track, damage to the drive system (tanks are surprisingly fragile!), damge to the sproket wheel, etc.

Your sharpshooter couldn't have made the tank immobilized on its own. Crew casualties either cause the crew to carry on (buttoned up) or bail out. It is impossible for me to say what happened, but there is a chance you immobilized it before (or it bogged down) and just now got the intel on it.

Steve