Sound Mod With MARKET GARDEN

Dawoox

Hi everybody,

If somenone could help me? What are the best sound mod who are working with market garden in v2.1?

Before in version v2.01 i used the AKD soundmod who had somes good sound and no problem with latence and intense use of memory (i have the MAC version)

Today sound mod are from ASTROCAT or ODBALL and are not working very well because some sound doesen't play in game in intense combat.

AKD => Do you have a project for a new version of your mod?

ODDBALL => i have see your post for a lightweight sound mod !! very good!! i'm waiting for!

Thanks in advance guys and sorry for my english:)

Interesting your sound does not play, I don't have that issue at all, even in "crazy big" action. Are you running into some kind of "out of memory" type issue?

You can remove the variants from the sound mods if you wanted. If there was gun1 - gun5 you could delete 2-5, etc... and cut down on the memory bandwidth.

Before in version v2.01 i used the AKD soundmod who had somes good sound and no problem with latence and intense use of memory (i have the MAC version)

Thanks.

AKD => Do you have a project for a new version of your mod?

I have a little patch awaiting the release of the 2.11 patch, but no substantial changes. Just adds sounds for the following:

LG40

MG151

FG42

That is not necessary and having it in place during install will not in and of itself result in corruption or performance issues.

Oh I beg to differ... when I upgraded from 1.whatever to 2.0 I got a wierd bug where drivers of open-topped vehicles were standing up with arms stretched out to the sides at all times.

This was because I did not remove the Z folder during install.

Heck, even BFC reccomends that you remove all mods before installing.

As for soundmods, All soundmods work with Market Garden.

If you have a soundmod made for the CW module, the only sound that won't be "new" is the Sdkfz 251/21 gun.

If you have a soundmod made only for the base CMBN game (why would you?), then the weapon sounds for the brittish weapons will be unmodded too.

But most mods are updated for the CW module so the only weapon you do not get a custom sound for is the MG151, which is pretty decent in its vanilla form to be honest.

Anyway, my "small" sounds mod will be delayed by at least a few months as I have a project going on in Star Wars: The Old Republic that is taking up pretty much all of my time.

If you are indeed missing sounds when playing the game like you say, you need more processing power or maby memory. Try upgrading with some more RAM.

Oh I beg to differ... when I upgraded from 1.whatever to 2.0 I got a wierd bug where drivers of open-topped vehicles were standing up with arms stretched out to the sides at all times.

This was because I did not remove the Z folder during install.

Heck, even BFC reccomends that you remove all mods before installing.

No it wasn't. Perhaps it was because you had a incompatible file in your Z folder, but having the Z folder in place during installation did not in and of itself cause a problem. In fact, that particular problem was probably caused by a missing .brz file.

BFC recommends that you remove the Z folder before installation because many people will launch the game straight from installing, then run off to the forums to report bugs with the patch/upgrade/module that are in fact incompatible mods.

As for soundmods, All soundmods work with Market Garden.

If you have a soundmod made for the CW module, the only sound that won't be "new" is the Sdkfz 251/21 gun.

If you have a soundmod made only for the base CMBN game (why would you?), then the weapon sounds for the brittish weapons will be unmodded too.

But most mods are updated for the CW module so the only weapon you do not get a custom sound for is the MG151, which is pretty decent in its vanilla form to be honest.

LG40 also. And, once 2.11 (and CMFI v1.11) is released, FG42.

LG40 also. And, once 2.11 (and CMFI v1.11) is released, FG42.

Only new sound file in the module for a weapon that wasn't in the CW/CMBN was the one for the MG151.

The LG40 might be using a sound that is already in the game, like the one for the recoilless rifle that was not used in CMBN/CW but still in there. (not at home right now so I can't check the name of the file.)

I extracted the 2.10 and 2 market garden .brz files to check what sounds were new and the only new weapon sound that wasn't in CW already was the one for the MG151.

And the FG42 doesn't count for this discussion since we don't even know which sound it will be using. Might be an old sound and not a new one...

EDIT: Actually the commonwealth sounds were introduced in patch 1.10 so the only two new weapon sounds in the market garden module were the piat and the MG151 sounds.

Only new sound file in the module for a weapon that wasn't in the CW/CMBN was the one for the MG151.

The LG40 might be using a sound that is already in the game, like the one for the recoilless rifle that was not used in CMBN/CW but still in there. (not at home right now so I can't check the name of the file.)

I extracted the 2.10 and 2 market garden .brz files to check what sounds were new and the only new weapon sound that wasn't in CW already was the one for the MG151.

And the FG42 doesn't count for this discussion since we don't even know which sound it will be using. Might be an old sound and not a new one...

I think you are forgetting the statement you made:

This is not correct as many or most sound mods, mine included, won't provide new sounds for .wavs that are present in the files but unused. Consequently, even when BFC does not add a new .wav, you can still end up in a situation where you have unmodded sounds for certain weapons despite having an installed sound mod. From the users perspective, whether the file itself is "old" or "new" is irrelevant.