Found a bug

Would only the mortar which had been fired show its available total as depleted? I don't know.

You can tell how many rounds each mortar team actually has in their position as well as the number they have access to.

03AquireMortarAquired.jpg

With the mortar team selected the number of, in this case, 51mm HE that appear on the left hand side under the unit information is the ammo the team actually has in their position (10 HE). The number in the centre under the title Ammo is the number they have access too (in this case 13 because they have access to the three I left in the carrier).

So if you separate your mortar teams far enough that they will not share they will only have access to what they carry with them and the two numbers will be the same.

Notice that the ammo count on the left only has room for four entries. This can sometimes mean that an ammo type or two might not be visible. This actually happens with Commonwealth mortar teams often. In this case if they also had WP smoke rounds something would drop off the left hand list.

Yes. The 2" mortar is treated like a Panzerschreck or Bazooka. And now that I reread the original post I see it was clearly about a 2" mortar, not a 3" mortar. Doh! The 2" mortar is the exception to the rule because it basically is a glorified grenade launcher in practice.

Sorry about the confusion!

Testers may have isolated a particular situation that the game isn't happy with. They're putting theories to the test now.

Steve

Steve, thanks for the definitive clarification!