AstroCat_Grass_and_Minis_v1

AstroCat

AstroCat_Grass_and_Minis_v1

Located here:

http://cmmods.greenasjade.net/mods/5045/details

This is my quick grass and mini texture mod. It is meant to compliment other desaturated texture packs, especially Aris' although you could use it stand alone if you wanted. I didn't create the original textures I just tweaked them so all credit goes to the original art director/illustrators.

Glad you like it! :)

Yeah I used Aris' as my base and then added/mixed/replaced from Juju (some bridge), Tanks a Lot (buildings), Pat Tal (buildings), Rambler (Trees and Bocage) Flesh (some doodads) and Vein (some doodads and some skybox). Then I did my own tweaks on top of all that. This mod includes the ground section of what I've tweaked.

Although Aris' grass looks really good (his mods are amazing overall) I thought it was a bit too dark for my taste so I lightened it up and added some more "texture" to it. Then I noticed some of the mini textures were missing or looked odd when the LOD change kicked in so I made some more to fit and smooth things out a bit.

There might be some more to tweak or add with the mini textures, if I find any along the way I'll update the mod.

I like it, but you used my grass textures (both green and yellow), modified the contrast and brightness and named them "Astrocat", didn't you? Minis are nice but , a nimble modification if you ask me, slight modifications at best,...I have no problem if you use my textures, but I know you know, since you made this, ;) ...that modifying them to add lightness takes 2-5 mins,...whereas finding the proper texture, creating seamless textures, eliminating seamblends takes hours,...), please, next time don't call them Astrocat if they are "Aris lightened grass textures". They are not a compliment, they are a modified, personal version of someone's hard work. Cheers.

P.S: I do LOve your sound compilations, best in the scene if you ask me :)

Yeah I was nervous about uploading them since I didn't make them originally as you noted. I 100% understand the time it takes to make them from scratch. I can change the name if you'd like or even remove the mod if you really wanted?

I didn't mean any creative infringement, as a creative professionally I know this is a very dangerous area to wander in! I tried to make that clear in the readme/description, sorry if I wasn't explicit enough. If I do any other "tweaks" that include your textures that I want to share I'll 100% make sure to talk to you first.

What I actually did was take your ground grass.bmp and layer it with Vein's ground grass.bmp and then tweaked the coloring and transparency. I then had to lighten/color your ground grass yellow.bmp to match. The minis are new or redone but of course they have to match your main textures.

---- oh and glad you liked it. :):)

• 1 year later...