King Tiger......Way overrated!

In the game it is similar to how it was in reality.

The King Tiger is somewhat of a paper tiger (no pun intended).

Slow as molasses in the winter, with a turret rotation that can be timed with a sundial, even a horrendous rate of fire.

Granted it is sort of nice in a way, with extremely thick sloped armor and a wonderful gun, but a MKVI Tiger or a Panther is usually a

better bet.

Does anyone else feel the same?

Originally posted by LT. James Cater:

*SNIP*

Slow as molasses in the winter, with a turret rotation that can be timed with a sundial, even a horrendous rate of fire.

*SNIP*

Does anyone else feel the same?

I would be interested in reviewing operational training materials for the King Tiger from the German military at that time. Even though it was a tank, its role seems more akin to a tank destroyer. It did not seem to take on the role of an exploitation weapon; rather, it seemed to be deployed in a more defensive role. Granted, it was not deployed until 1944, but had the war gone differently for Germany, I doubt the Tiger would have evolved into the King Tiger. However, given that mobility and range (range in terms of fuel) became less and less of a design factor near the end of the war, I think the King Tiger was the ultimate evolution of the German panzer.

I'd mostly agree with this. I think the fate of Germany's panzer arm was kinda tied up with having too few, but technically advanced tanks, when they would have probably have been better off just mass producing more Mark 1V's or possibly Panthers (once they'd ironed out its early faults). Certainly the King tiger is impressive, but so were the dinousaurs! That's a good point about its mobility in the winter, the Ardennes didn't suit it. Also imagine the problems of getting it across bridges or through narrow streets, not to mention its fuel requirements. Its no coincidence that these things were often left behind when the Germans were in retreat.