Fow

I've just noticed that Market Garden seems to have more Fog Of War! I am playing a heavy forest battle and had a Stuart taken out by a Panzershreck or a tank hunter team. I can select the unit but it gives me no info on what kind of unit it is. Well done BFC... This is what I have been waiting for since CMSF! I haven't gotten far enough to find out whether it will tell me info such as Team A 2nd squad yet but so far it looks good!

I think they first added this in Fortress Italy didn't they? I remember seeing this playing Fortress Italy and when I decided to go back to Normandy for a change, I noticed it gave me too much info.

I'm glad that they fixed it. I'm really enjoying all the other changes so far and I wish I had more time to play it.

I bought the first CMFI but not the second. I complained about the IDing in the first version. Maybe the fixed it in the second. I've had 2.0 for a while now and have seen much more IDing than I am now. For instance... Last night playing against SS panzer grenadiers, at first sight of an enemy halftrack it gave me the type it was. Now it is just giving me blank everything on the left side. The only info is in the center box that tells me what weapon it carries. Ie. 75mm/L24 or MG42. In very small type.

It was altered in Gustav Line. To great rejoicing at the time. To see the progress of the engine you have to read the release notes of both families, as they're the same engine, just leapfrogging releases, so the next version of BN will include (but not mention in its patch notes) the changes made in the latest version of FI.

It was altered in Gustav Line. To great rejoicing at the time. To see the progress of the engine you have to read the release notes of both families, as they're the same engine, just leapfrogging releases, so the next version of BN will include (but not mention in its patch notes) the changes made in the latest version of FI.

I'm pretty sure this was in CM:BN earlier too... I recall seeing it at the top level of FOV in CM:BN.

I'm pretty sure this was in CM:BN earlier too... I recall seeing it at the top level of FOV in CM:BN.

No, it wasn't. Until 2.10, one could always identify the OOB information of any sighted enemy unit regardless of FOW level. It didn't matter if you played at elite or iron: if you clicked on a sighted enemy unit then you'd be informed its type and its OOB information ("1st vehicle", "2nd Squad," "A Squadron HQ.")

CMFI: GL introduced FOW that actually hides OOB information from the opposing side. Surprisingly, despite being a much requested change it's not even mentioned in the 1.10 changelog. However, it's an incredible boost to FOW, and I'm very pleased to see it finally ported over to CMBN. There is now actually a point to playing on "elite."

No more: "Oh, it's an AT ammo bearing team. There must be an AT gun nearby. Time to dial up some arty on that position."

I've just noticed that Market Garden seems to have more Fog Of War! I am playing a heavy forest battle and had a Stuart taken out by a Panzershreck or a tank hunter team. I can select the unit but it gives me no info on what kind of unit it is. Well done BFC... This is what I have been waiting for since CMSF! I haven't gotten far enough to find out whether it will tell me info such as Team A 2nd squad yet but so far it looks good!

I like to play at the Veteran level and the OOB info is gone there too. About all you are told is via the generic icons and in some cases the primary weapon.

Michael