Partisan issues

Hello everyone. I am new to AoD but I played the original game. My question involves partisans. Is there a way to turn them off. I know it's historically accurate but I find it a grind to chase around partisans with a corps only to have the partisans reformed at full strength on the next turn. It's just not a fun mechanic for me. So if anyone knows how to turn them off it would be greatly appreciated.

I also have to say that this is a great game. I was looking for something new to play in the WW2 genre and this really hit the sweet spot. I've played all of the Hearts of iron games And numerous others including the original sc1. I see it has matured greatly. Thanks in advance for any help.

Not to be like that, but why dont you just spend a garrison or division to supress the partisan? The partisans are, in my mind, a necessary mechanic to draw forces, resources and attention from the agressor.

At it's simplest, hit "p", watch where the partisan icons without the crossed circles over are (the ones with the crossed out circle around them only count to some common pool and cause economic damage to cities in the country where they are. The more of them you supress, the weaker and farther between these partisan attacks. They never "spawn"). Then make sure you put some cheap units on or next to these icons (the ones without the circles). This makes it so that they cannot spawn, ever. Totally worth those 60 or so mpp's a division costs. There are some areas in russia that takes two units to supress all the spawn partisans with some planning.

Key thing to remember; units supress partisans in the same or adjacent squares.

Mike, partisans are a great tool to train your forces on. Allow them to spawn and then use the units you wish to build experience with to take them out.

If you allow the ownership tile(origination spot) color to remain the same as the partisans then they will not spawn again. So weaken them with ground units(kill with air) or allow them to move off and then don't take ownership of those tiles that have changed color.

Yikes, using the Partisan mechanism to build unit experience, this proves my point. Although its a great feature that enhances the historical accuracy and realism of the game the current Partisan system sometimes creates highly unrealistic situations and thus needs tweaking.

Yes, Partisans tied down enormous numbers of German troops in Yugoslavia and wreaked havoc on the rear area supply and communications of entire army groups but they did not occupy major Russian urban centers in 1941 and resist repeated assaults from multiple Axis Corps, supported by HQ and from the air for 4-5 months as they've done in my games. When confronted by serious enemy reserves most Partisan units disappeared as rapidly as they appeared unless they were located in geographically isolated regions like Mts, forests or swamps. In my games, even when assaulted and completely surrounded the Partisans occupying urban centers just kept respawning to full strength turn after turn. And this continued even long after all the other surrounding Russian cities near the Partisan areas had been garrisoned.