No support of resolution

My new system:

- Windows 8

- Intel Core i7-3770 3.40 GHz 16 MB

- NVIDEA GeForce GTX 660

May perhaps not be on Strategic Command - World War 1: The Great War 1914-1918 - but can someone still help me?

The Assault on Democracy - free demo works flawlessly!?

post-33102-141867624758_thumb.jpg

Can you navigate to your installation folder and check for a button in the Windows Explorer that is labelled as 'Compatibility Files' and click on it and then delete any files found in there such as the SC2.ini file.

This should resolve it for you and for more info here is a link explaining the 'Compatibility Files' under Windows.

http://www.hanselman.com/blog/VistasShowCompatibilityFilesAndTheScrumptiousWonderThatIsFileVirtualization.aspx

After that you could try a full uninstall, then reinstall and immediate application of the patch to see if that helps as well.

Hubert

Can you navigate to your installation folder and check for a button in the Windows Explorer that is labelled as 'Compatibility Files' and click on it and then delete any files found in there such as the SC2.ini file.

This should resolve it for you and for more info here is a link explaining the 'Compatibility Files' under Windows.

http://www.hanselman.com/blog/VistasShowCompatibilityFilesAndTheScrumptiousWonderThatIsFileVirtualization.aspx

After that you could try a full uninstall, then reinstall and immediate application of the patch to see if that helps as well.

Hubert

OK Hubert,

I am using Windows 8 and not Vista or Windows 7

I have not found a button in the Windows Explorer labelled "Compatibility Files".

I have, however, more out of desperation, with the Windows search function searched for "SC2.ini".

As result a config file was found.

After I mentioned "The Assault on Democracy Demo" runs on my PC, I have compared the config files of both programs and found that in the config file for "WWI" the values​​:

#window_width

#window_height

both were set with "0".

After I have replaced these two values ​​in the config file of "WWI" to 1280 and 1024, as they are set in the config file of "The Assault on Democracy", WWI runs again.

Problem solved by accident.

• 1 year later...