CMSF won't run on Windows 8 Laptop

Hi,

The title says it all. When I try to launch the game, the BattleFront splashscreen comes up. But then the screen flickers quickly and says it encountered a problem "CM Shock Force.exe has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is avail. My laptop is available.":

Toshiba

Intel I3 2.5ghz

4GB Ram

Intel HD 4000 gfx

Windows 8

I installed CMSF on my desktop(Windows 7) and works perfectly. However my laptop...no luck. The demos don't work on the laptop either. I have patched all the way up to 1.32. Thanx for your help.

You can try some of the latest Intel drivers for the HD 4000 Graphics. For Windows 7/8 64-bit we've seen them work with CMBN, so I assume that they would work for CMSF too:

Intel HD 4000 Graphics driver for Windows 7/8 64-bit, v. 15.31.9.64.3165, dated 5/10/2013

or

Intel HD 400 Graphics driver for Windows 7/8 64-bit, v. 15.31.3.64.3071, dated 3/22/2013

It is possible though that your laptop may NOT allow you to use Intel provided drivers and you may be limited to those provided by the laptop manufacturer. If you're running Windows 8 32-bit, then I'm not sure if that driver will work or not. We have also seen that anything other than an Intel HD 4000 will NOT work, even with the latest drivers (though I don't know abou the latest 4xxx/Iris graphics chips).

I tried to update just using Toshiba's update program. It said I was updated. So then I went to the Device Manager where the driver was from early 2012. So i clicked update. It's now up to 02/2013.

But it appears to have worked. I loaded a mission, just to see. But I didn't play it. Had to go to church. I'll try later tonight. But it appears to be working now. Thanx for your help.