Let's do this thing

Wow... just wow... I guess the game is fatally flawed... and to think I've been playing and enjoying it the whole time... I must be a total loser to enjoy such a fatally flawed game.

I am such a loser it never occurred to me to add another layer of micromanagement to the game. The lack of ability to micromanage what each soldier is doing during "buddy aid" is such a glaring omission of an obviously crucial component it boggles my mind that I could have overlooked the additional hours of excitement each scenario would afford me were such attention to detail a part of the development of the game.

Also, it is really shocking how BF hasn't paid any attention to its customer base... I guess that explains the lack of MG bones.

Last thing this game needs is another micromanagement routine. Ick.

I can see arguments for a few modest tweaks the Buddy Aid system so that, for example, a team already carrying a SAW would not be particularly inclined to pick up a second one. I once had a tank crew I used to buddy aid a group of casualties from an artillery strike running around with 3 MG42s, which was a little silly. Similarly, I think you can make an argument that it might be a good thing if a team armed with only rifles was more inclined to pick up an SMG than a team that already has an SMG. IOW, I think there is an argument that some sort of routine could be added to the Buddy Aid AI so that it favors a "fully stocked toolbox," so to speak.

But these are fairly minor niggles IMHO. Honestly, I consider it a lucky bonus whenever I'm able to recover anything useful from a casualty at all, and I don't think this is something the player should have a heck of a lot of control over. If a grunt is inspired to wash the blood and guts off of his recently deceased buddy's MG42/BAR/Sten/whatever and use it, great. But it's hardly something that I think should be expected behavior, and I definitely don't want to have to drill in and control this sort of thing every time one of my units is administering Buddy Aid.

The "Acquire" command is a bit of a different subject than Buddy Aid... I would like to see some tweaks here, though more in the direction of making the Acquire system simpler and more intuitive, rather than adding additional layers of micromanagement. This is probably a topic better left to a separate, dedicated thread.