New Events needed

As noted in my Road so Far thread, Spain is an Axix member. However all their bases in the New World are still theirs. Years after they joined the Axis. Once the US entered the war, theese would have been immeadiately invaded and taken over. Yet in 1945, there are still Spain's and I can resupply all my ships there, both subs and SURF :eek: Not very realistic.

So I think two events need to happen. If Spain is in the Axis and the US goes to war, these bases are immeadiately swithched to Allied control. Matter of fact any Spanish bases in the Western Hemsphere should be handles this way. You may want to assign a small MPP cost to represnt the equipment needed to do this.

The sceond thing is that if the US is in the war, Spain can no longer be allowed to join the Axis. As she would not want to lose her overseas possisions. This also puts pressure on the Axis player to commit to getting Spain in sooner than later.

Hi numdydar,

I agree that there is many more events that could be included but I've found it is easier to just mod these into the scenario ourselves. Using Spain as an example I use many decision events when I play.

Here is a list of decision events that are directly linked to Spain that I use. These are just the Yes/No Decision events, there are many others as well not listed here.

Germany: Help Spain Rebuild from Civil War

Germany: Development of Spanish Mines

Germany: Hitler Meets with Franco (Lessen Spain's reliance on Imports)

Germany: Small Arms to Spain

Germany: Give Military Concessions To Spain?

Germany: Spanish Blue Division

Germany: Spain Repays Debt from Civil War

Germany: German Ultimatum

UK: Blockade American Imports to Spain

UK: Reaction to the Blue Division

UK: Send Arms to Portugal

UK: Invade Spanish Colonies

Italy: Help Spain Rebuild from Civil War

Italy: Letter from Franco (Military Necessities)

I am glad you are able to mod your game to your liking :). And thanks for letting me know things like this are doable.

However, I have no interest in moddding, nor should I have too in order to get a semblance of what I thought I was buying. So I am pointing out these things so that the team can decide if they want to add them or not in the hopes of making a good game better.

Spain is an Axix member. However all their bases in the New World are still theirs. Years after they joined the Axis. Once the US entered the war, theese would have been immeadiately invaded and taken over. Yet in 1945, there are still Spain's

In my game I have Fort de France in the Caribbean as a U-boat base which I think is really cool.

But I would like to see the U.S. invade and take it over at some point in the game. Another good thing is that I have Peru on my side and Argentina is getting close to joining the Axis.