Italian SS in combat vid (AB-41,Pak-40, etc.)

Got this courtesy of an Italian re-enactment group called PROGETTO900. It re-enacts various German units and generated a separately discussed thread on moving fully assembled German HMGs at speed!

This vid is clear, shows the AB-41 in mountain combat, supported by what I think are Alpini; it presents the Italian squad LMG in action, squad level combat and a fascinating sequence in which a brush-covered Pak-40 is hastily cleared, the trails are picked up, and the gun trundled smartly upslope--by pushing--and brought into action.

Pity it's not in Hi-Def, so our guy who was looking for Italian combat pics in Italy could've made usable screen grabs! With my minuscule Italian, I'm pretty sure this is an antipartisan action, since I heard the word "Tedeschi."

Regards,

John Kettler

Yes John, an anti-partisan operation.

Interesting footage of weapons in action.

Interesting especially to see the Breda 30 LMG firing.

But I must confess I feel a sense of pity for those partisans that were taken prisoners.

And those italians fighting for their german friends really have delinquent thug faces

:(

dieseltaylor,

Two seconds? Does that ever suck! And to think, I simply detest having ads on top of my YT military videos here. I have noticed GB YT seems to have good coverage in certain military areas YT here doesn't. Unsurprisingly, this includes British WW II matters.

Kilkess,

What's heretical? Who's a heretic? Can't tell whether you're being facetious, but if not, it's a wartime newsreel. Ever seen any of the ones the U.S. put out? Propaganda or no, what interests me about the PaK-40 is how readily it can be trundled about, even when not on a smooth level surface, by pushing!

Regards,

John Kettler

@John

Yes, that was meant to be facetious. I always wondered why BFC choosen to strictly restrict any kind of movement with crewed weapons without going through the whole packup process. HMGs could be carried around for some distance on the tripod, smaller guns could be pushed around some distance to get into position and so on.

Killkess,

Appreciate the clarification. Sometimes, I have trouble grokking the intent behind the communication, and there're no meta data (expressions and micro expressions, inflection pacing, pitch, delivery, etc.) to work from, such as would be available in person, via Skype video chat or even a phone call. The crewed weapon stuff bugs me. A lot. My basic approach is simple: I want to be able to do in the game what the soldiers were able to do historically. I know there are limits imposed by coding, intense demands on everything to create even a single additional weapon, that troop animations are even worse, personnel are few and budgets small considering what must be done, what BFC would like to be done and the endless list of what the consumers are clamoring for. Not to mention what all this stuff does to computational and video processing demands.

Did you see the We Can But Dream thread? I believe I've uncovered something remarkable there by following a visual lead.

Regards,

John Kettler