Binoculars

Guest John Maragoudakis

Guest John Maragoudakis

When using shift C to enlarge the figures, I feel that the perception of distance is distorted. When I go with the realistic scale, I can't see figures or symbols that are far.

In the realistic scale, it would be neat to have a hotkey that has a set of binoculars pop out( a window). Through these binoculars, you would see the enlargement of the image at where ever you pointed them.

This would be a separate window that you can put up on the side or top of the screen.

This would add to a realistic feel since you would have to scan around and maybe miss something. You would still see the battle field on screen but on a realistic scale.

So you can be watching action at both scales at once this way. You get your sense of distance and the close up view.

Guest John Maragoudakis

True, zooming is very similar. But you still have to flip in and out of zoom. I'm talking about a window in the upper right corner that is moveable. By clicking on a binocular icon, the window pops up and you see what your unit sees in the window as though they were wearing the binoculars. at the same time you see the battlefield at regular scale. Right click and hold the mouse button rotates the biocular view in the direction the mouse moves. View of battlefield is independent.