Strange AI behavior in Citadel szenario

Hi,

I've stumbled across a very strange AI behavior. I've played the Citadel scenario as German against Soviet AI. After some heavy fighting in spring 1944 the number of Soviet units was steadily declining. In the end I was able to defeat the Soviets by capturing all capitals by the end of 1944. After the last turn I've checked the Soviet production queue and saw lots of units that should have been available during summer 1944, but the AI never deployed them. Any idea what caused this strange behavior?

Cheers

Ulf

It seems, that this also happens in the Barbarossa Campaign.

Playing as the Germans, I won on Sep 21 1943.

After reading this thread I looked at the Soviet production queue and noticed around 20 undeployed units.

(I´m posting this, as I´m not sure, whether you´ve found the solution to this issue in general, or just regarding the Citadel scenario)

For Citadel the problem we found was that the USSR didn't have any Industrial Centers deep behind the front lines like they do in Barbarossa. For example, once Moscow is captured then the Soviets no longer had a location to place new units and this is now fixed for the next build.

For Barbarossa they have the correct Industrial Centers on the map and perhaps you simply captured them before it was able to place any units it had already purchased and then it may have also made subsequent purchases, again without the ability to place them, until it finally surrendered.

Hard for me to say without seeing the final few turns prior to surrender but if you might have them please feel free to send it over at support@furysofware.com and I'd be happy to take a look :)

Hubert