Upgrading CM:BfN - Does Fortress Italy do it

When I buy Fortress Italy, does this include an upgrade to my existing Battle for Normandy game to the 2.0 version or do I still have to buy it separately?

I assume the game is standalone and both do not interact with each other (so Fortress Italy does not go into the steelbook collectors edition for BfN)?

When I buy Fortress Italy, does this include an upgrade to my existing Battle for Normandy game to the 2.0 version or do I still have to buy it separately?

I assume the game is standalone and both do not interact with each other (so Fortress Italy does not go into the steelbook collectors edition for BfN)?

Your assumption is correct. The level of FI has no bearing on your level of BN. To get the v2.0 improvements for BN, you need to pay the ten bucks. BFC have told us that there will be a "bundle price" for the Market Garden expansion for CMBN. That expansion module will require that your BN be upgraded to v2.0, and indications are that if you wait til then, you'll be able to buy the v2 upgrade bundled with MG for an additional $5 over the price of MG alone (which will be available for those who've bitten the bullet and already upgraded BN).

FI does have its own steel box, though. Or it did when first released; they may have sold out by now.

Thank you for the info, I will wait until then to do a mass purchase of CM stuff.

Still wish we could have our physical copies bundled together and sent in batches, while the digital copies would be downloadble right away. Would save on the damn shipping cost that is so high. ;/