Around the Cape of Hope in Light Speed

Maybe that is a bit of an exageration, but why is it (almost) as fast to go all the way around the cape of hope as it is to go past Spain and through the mediterian?

I feel the turns it takes to go around the cape of hope should increased by a lot so that stoping the british from giving direct support to Egypt is possible(they take longer to go there).

Overall I am a bit confused by the captured ot the suez chanal seems rather, irrelevant. I am no history buff but was it not a vital trade and transport line? Or did the mayority of british troops(like ANZAC) go around the cape of hope?

We did have it take longer in early versions, possibly in beta, but because it takes quite some time to sail all the way, we felt that having the rest of the passage take a reduced period of time would make up for the long journey time.

The real impact of losing the Suez Canal is to British National Morale, as they will lose 250 points for each of Port Said, Ismailia and Suez when they fall, followed by 2,500 apiece when Alexandria and Cairo fall.

Plus with Egypt surrendered, the UK will lose a further 50 points per turn, representing the loss of income due to the Canal being in enemy hands. So overall this equates to 5,750 points plus 50 for every turn thereafter that Egypt remains in the Central Powers' hands.

Germany will also gain 1,000 points and the Ottomans 2,500 when Egypt surrenders.

Coupled with unrestricted naval warfare, this could well be a very good way to knock the UK out of the war!

We did have it take longer in early versions, possibly in beta, but because it takes quite some time to sail all the way, we felt that having the rest of the passage take a reduced period of time would make up for the long journey time.

The real impact of losing the Suez Canal is to British National Morale, as they will lose 250 points for each of Port Said, Ismailia and Suez when they fall, followed by 2,500 apiece when Alexandria and Cairo fall.

Plus with Egypt surrendered, the UK will lose a further 50 points per turn, representing the loss of income due to the Canal being in enemy hands. So overall this equates to 5,750 points plus 50 for every turn thereafter that Egypt remains in the Central Powers' hands.

Germany will also gain 1,000 points and the Ottomans 2,500 when Egypt surrenders.

Coupled with unrestricted naval warfare, this could well be a very good way to knock the UK out of the war!

The 50 NM a turn have not been mentioned anywhere till now(I think). So, good to know. I guess that is reasonable overall.