Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Bug or Intended?Video Provided

I select antitank team from squad.Which works but you dont get the AT icon,you get regular inf. icon.Then when I go back to the rest of the squad and select split teams, it gives me the AT icon on one split team, of course without the schreck,and reg inf icon on the other team.This seems wrong to me.I should get the AT icon the first time around with the proper AT weapon(the schreck) when selecting the AT team.What is also strange is when you select split team, the ai gives way more hand grenades to the AT icon that has no schreck.I think the ai is getting confused here.You should never get an AT icon without the actual AT weapon.Because from above you think you have AT weapons and you dont.I click down into my AT unit to find no At weapon.

Limitation of the icon system. The icons are tied to the team letter rather than the dynamic assignment of individuals to split-off teams, and teams are broken off in order of letter. If you break off a single team rather than splitting all three, you end up with a Team B, but the AT icon is still tied to Team C (the normal location of the panzershreck). If you break off another team from the remaining two-team squad, it will be Team C and have the AT icon no matter who is in the team.

However, you might consider the practice of first splitting off an assault team, before you split the AT team off.

The reason you might consider this (other than it will make sure your AT team gets called "C Team" and therefore will be assigned the correct icon) is that an AT team gets the lion's share of any grenades the squad starts with, when it's split off. Personally, I don't find AT teams have much use for grenades: they're lucky if they survive firing the tube a couple of times, and usually even then, they've taken a casualty and are in no fit state to be close assaulting armour. Assault teams (or the even teams you get if you split Assault, then AT then recombine the Asault with the "B Team" and then Split Teams) have much more use for grenades, and if it comes to having to CA armour, are usually in better shape to do so.