Two Questions

When I play a scenario, campaign, or a QB and I've got a US company (happens with German mortars too) I've noticed the 60mm mortar teams (happens with 81mm too) start out with quite a bit of rounds when first deployed. If I move the motors the number of rounds decreases (I can even play around with the direction of the motors and the numbers of rounds will decrease). Ant idea why this happens? I've had cases where I start out with 64 rounds and I move the mortars with the company as it advances and the number of rounds drops to 32 without firing a shot. Could this have to do with stockpiling at the beginning and not being able to take it with you.

Second question. I'm having trouble understanding what the HQ unit is good for that is attached to the 4th Platoon of US companies. I've tried to use them with the 30 caliber MGs as they move forward to keep them in C&C with the platoon but that does not work. The MGs also seem to be out of C&C. If you move the 4th Platoon with the MGs then your 60mm mortars are out of C&C even if you leave the HQ unit with the mortars. Any ideas on how to use this unit.

Thanks.

1) sounds like sharing. Two mortars next to each other, who each have 32 rounds, will show the shared total available which is 32 + 32. That is, #1 could potentially fire all of #2s rounds, so it has 2 x 32 rounds available. Vikky verky for #2. When you move them apart they can no longer share, so the total available drops to what they are actually carrying.

The number of rounds carried by a single unit can always be seen on the left side of the UI beneath the small arms ammunition in white lettering.

As for the weapons platoon, if your 4th Pl HQ is near your mortars but the mortars are still out of contact that means your 4th Pl HQ is out of contact with his company HQ, and/or his company HQ is out of contact with the battalion HQ. Click on the 4th Pl HQ and look at the far left side of the UI to see if the little light next to the company is red or green and if the radio icon is visible in the pane next to it. Radio C2 contacts drop in and out, especially when a HQ is moving. It will come back eventually.

One way to simply this and free up your HQ is to park any vehicle with a radio near the mortars. They will always be in contact then. The jeep the 4th Pl HQ comes with has a radio.