gun elevation for immobile vehicles

That gun elevation restrictions for mobile guns (tanks, AFVs) is a very difficult task to tackle for the AI I understand.

But could please at least immobile vehicles adhere to these restrictions?

If the vehicle is immobile (bogged or through enemy action) the variable for location is fixed and the options for the AI are vastly reduced. Relocation is not possible and the gun can be pointed to the target or it can not.

This creates of course an inconsistency when a tank could fire to 3rd floor from the curb, gets a hit and after that it can not any more. But it would at least fix the tank advantage for these cases.

I'm asking this because I just had this situation: after finally getting someone behind the tank and immobilzing it with grenades, the tank turns its turret and fires the MG through (!) its motor compartment to the demise of the attackers. Immobile tanks should be (somewhat) easy to kill by infantry. Now they are still 360° deathstars.

Please consider changing this behaviour.

And i think to myself, so the tank sure could not do that, but the crew sure could have popped a hatch and tossed grenades out there to waste them units. So when you want things to go your way because it did not happen realistically in the game, remember the other side can say the same thing.

So if they fix the tank to not be able to fire unrealistically, then thy also better fix it to represent some other tactics it might use to deal with infantry in close combat situations.

I wouldn't mind if they would have had opened the hatches. Because then my other team in the house directly adjacent to the tank - who were NOT throwing grenades - could have shot them. Or the team that was already throwing grenades and had the weapons trained on the tank could have shot.

Hey, I really don't mind if the TC starts firing back with his pistol or grenades. That would at least make it more even.

What if they didn't have to get out but could just open the hatch and throw it out or stick their arm out? If I was defending my tank from close assault I wouldn't want to stick my body out, id find 'em through the slits and just toss a grenade or two in that direction. I think this would be a cool feature, but to be fair the throw range without opening up would have to be shorter. It would be sweet if any body with grenades and opened up could and would throw grenades almost as well as normal.