couple dumb q.

Just wondering, since i don't see it... with the original X1 Combat Mission games when you placed a unit it would tell you what terrain that unit was on, even if it looked out in the open, if it said, woods, it was in the woods... how do you tell what terrain your unit is on in the newer CM games, IE: CMBN x2?

I've never used bunkers and foxholes and fences before in my own set up, how do you rotate them in the setup phase?

How do you use pre-planned artillery strikes? Not where they fire automatically, but marks where you think the enemy will come, faster call in with the observer?

thx

The terrain is different. It's no longer a hex of something (woods, scattered trees, etc...) but rather a combination of many things (e.g. trees on top of shrubbery with rocks) so they decided not to give info on what it exactly is. But thanks to modern graphics you can see what it is (give or take :)). So if it looks like bad cover/concealment, it probably is.

For the "pre-planned" strikes, this works just as in the old games. You have to buy TRPs.

Good luck!

For bunkers, use the "face" command to rotate.

I do not think foxholes need rotating.

For trenches and barbed wire fences- maybe someone has a better work-around, but I buy at least two (of say trenches). By moving one next to the other you can change their facing.

Yes to the Forward Observer.