black screen

Hi guys. I have been trying to get this game to work on my new computer.

specs are

asus g75vw-bh17

i7 quad core 3630 2.4

nvidia 660 gtx 314.70 driver 2gb ddr5

8 gb ram

I keep on getting delete file dead 5 or when I start this game I get a black screen with just the pointer showing. I tried to run admin and compatibility.

Now I have this game on a different laptop and it 's playable but slow and I would really like to get this going.ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATE:confused:

We replied to your Helpdesk ticket with the following:

The specs for your Asus laptop don't specifically mention the Intel HD 4000 video, but I assume that the system runs with that (you should see it in the Device Manager) since it is integrated with the CPU. TOW 2 Kursk 1943 should be capable of running on the Intel HD 4000 to my knowledge, but possibly there is an issue there. Because of the way that TOW 2 functions, it may not be recognized as a 3D application that needs to run on the Nvidia GPU. Adding a 'profile' within the Nvidia Control Panel may help with that. Unfortunately TOW 2 Kursk makes this a bit of an ordeal since it doesn't really run with the executable file, but instead a '.bin' file. The way around this, according to an user who did it, is to rename the 'Kursk1943.exe' file to something like 'Kursk.exe' (temporarily) and then rename 'Kursk1943.bin' to 'Kursk1943.exe'. Add a profile within the Nvidia Control Panel pointing to this .exe file (that you've just renamed). Once the profile is created and you've closed up the Nvidia Control Panel, go back and rename 'Kursk1943.exe' back to 'Kursk1943.bin' and 'Kursk.exe' back to 'Kursk1943.exe'. Supposedly the Nvidia Control Panel remembers what it is working with despite the name change. See if this gives you any different results. Depending on your system there may be an utility for switching between GPU and Intel integrated video.

I pointed you earlier to our Patch page. On that page for the 1.2.4 update was text that mentioned about updating the 'AutoUpdater.exe' file with the one linked to there. With that update done, you supposedly should be able to run the 'Update' from within TOW 2 Kursk. However if you already have the 1.2.4 and 1.3.1 updates already downloaded, then this isn't really much of an issue (there are no more forthcoming updates after 1.3.1).

If necessary remove/delete the TOW .AVI files in the root of the TOW 2 directory in case there's some issue in playing them (Battlefront and 1C logo videos).